The more you do this work, the more tools you have in your toolkit.
So let me ask you a question: What do you reach for when you want to feel just a little bit better?
For those new here, let’s recap the process:
First, stop and consider how you are feeling right now. Maybe describe it in one or two words.
Second, dig into that feeling a little. Accept that it’s there.
Third, reach for something (or do something) that feels just a little bit better.
In my toolkit I have:
- A short, slow walk outside in nature
- A few minutes being still, looking out the window
- Thinking of something I can appreciate
- Dreaming of what I want, rather than what I don’t want
- Reading a book on a topic I find inspiring
- Being good to myself – even if that means going back to bed for a few minutes
- Sharing with someone I trust how I feel
- Listening to upbeat music
- Giving up – if only for a while
So how is your toolkit going? And are you managing to dig into it to find the tool you need?